In recognition of their sacrifice for our country, wartime Veterans and their spouses have special benefits available to help them pay for long-term care. Like Medicaid, Veteran’s Benefits have financial eligibility requirements. Many of the millions of American Veterans and their families have no idea that an attorney can help them qualify for these long-term care benefits. Senior-Legal can help Maryland Veterans and their families.
If you are a wartime Veteran, or their spouse, call Senior-Legal. Senior-Legal will create a roadmap unique to you and your family identifying strategies to maximize your ability to safeguard savings, real estate, retirement accounts, and other valuable assets, while helping you become financially eligible for Veteran’s Benefits for long-term care as quickly as possible.
To assess your eligibility for Veteran’s Benefits, Senior-Legal will quickly and thoroughly:
- Review your income, expenses, and assets;
- Analyze your historical finances to prepare for government audit compliance and questioning;
- Flag and resolve potential eligibility problems that could be raised by the government;
- Identify ways to maximize your ability to preserve your lifetime savings;
- Identify assets that can be transferred and assess how they should be transferred;
- Calculate optimum transfer values of your assets;
- Identify other legitimate, beneficial ways for you to become financially eligible for Veteran’s Benefits; and
- Present its recommendations to you in a comprehensive meeting with counsel.
From there, Senior-Legal will implement recommendations you agree to, including, but not limited to preparing your:
- Family Legacy Irrevocable Trust;
- Lifetime Revocable Trust;
- Power of Attorney;
- Health Care Directive;
- HIPPA Authorization;
- Prepare your Veteran’s Benefits Application; and
- Correspond with the Veteran’s Administration throughout the application process.