Does Medicaid Cover Assisted Living?
Long-term crisis planning helps you preserve your assets when an unforeseen event jeopardizes your ability to care for you or your loved ones. Navigating this process during a time of high stress could force you to make decisions without the appropriate education and thought. We serve individuals and couples faced with an immediate or imminent need for nursing home care, assisted living residences, or senior care facilities. Senior-Legal has the expertise to skillfully & compassionately guide you and your family through the complex process of numerous stressful decisions. There are deadlines, procedures and an onslaught of financial considerations that often overwhelm families when faced with this crisis. Senior-Legal understands the complexity of Medicaid benefits and how to navigate them on your behalf. Senior-Legal will create a roadmap unique to you and your family that identifies strategies to maximize your ability to safeguard savings, home (s), and overall funds while helping you become financially eligible for Long Term Care Benefits as quickly as possible.
To do this, Senior-Legal will quickly and thoroughly:
- Review your income, expenses, and assets;
- Analyze your finances through the lens of Medicaid parameters so you can adjust what is necessary.
- Identify ways to maximize your right to preserve your lifetime savings;
- Identify assets that can be transferred and how they should be transferred;
- Calculate optimum transfer values of your assets;
- Identify other legitimate, beneficial ways to become financially qualified for state Medicaid;
- Present its recommendations to you in a comprehensive meeting with counsel.
From there, Senior-Legal will implement recommendations you agree to, including, but not limited to preparing your:
- Family Legacy Trust
- Lifetime Revocable Trust
- Power of Attorney
- Health Care Directive
- HIPPA Authorization
- Medicaid Application
- Letter of Explanation of Eligibility to Department of Health